Like many of you, I freaking love Block Island!
Last night I got an email from Captain Breezy Grenier (Dockmaster at Ballard’s Marina) informing me of a tragedy that occurred over Labor Day Weekend.
In short, a fine young man and long time Block Island resident needs our help. If you love the island and can help and/or attend any of the fundraising events below, please do so…
As many of you may already know, our neighboring Town Docks, the assistant dockmaster, Josh De Los Santos (brown beard), was hit by a drunk driver on Block Island on Labor Day, which resulted in the amputation of his lower left leg.
Josh has been a pillar of strength and positivity through this whole ordeal. A friend to many of us, we stand together in times of tragedy and send positive thoughts and prayers to Josh as he moves forward in life.
This will cause life long changes for him including financial burdens from legal and medical fees. If you would like to help out in any way there are a couple fundraising events:
Thursday, September 27th, at Tigerfish on Block Island, RI
- Tiki Party honoring Josh De Los Santos
- Tickets are $28 include an Over the Top Buffet Dinner from 6pm to 9pm,
- A silent auction will be over the course of the dinner.
- Music by Root Steady will start at 10pm with a donation cover charge.
- All proceeds will benefit Josh!
Saturday, November 10th, at the Bird’s Eye Cafe in New London, CT
- Tickets are $25 including food from Captain Scott’s Food Truck
- There will be raffles and live music by the Peacemakers and Rockin’ Ronnie Barns
- 100% of the proceeds will go to Josh!
Payne’s Dock has started a bank account to help Josh – If you would like to mail a donation make out your check to: Josh De Los Santos Fund.
Send to Washington Trust, P.O Box 217 Block Island, RI 02807
Josh has a long road to recovery and every little thing we can do to help will be greatly appreciated.
If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to reach out.
Thank you for your time,
Captain Breezy Grenier
Dockmaster, Ballard’s Marina